A little elf tells us Santas sick of Peak Freans.
To guarantee all the goodies on your gift list, we suggest the following late-night snack for Mr. Claus and his merry entourage.
Marias Midnight Cookies:
8 oz. butter
15 oz. soft light brown sugar
2 tsps. vanilla extract
2 eggs beaten
14 oz. plain flour
1 tsp. bicarbonate soda & 1 tsp. baking soda
5 oz. M&Ms
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F
2. In a large bowl mix the butter and sugar
3. Add the vanilla and gradually beat in the eggs
4. In a separate bowl place the flour and salt and sift in the bicarbonate and baking soda
5. Combine the two mixtures and add the M&Ms
6. Form golf-ball sized dollops and place them on a non-greased tray (allow room for spreading)
7. Pop in the oven for 13-16 minutes (until golden round the edges and light golden in the centre)
Serve with hot milk (and a shot of rum).