Uh oh, youve left it to the last minute. Dont panic, here are some
easy-peasy ways to fête your sweetie on V-Day:
1. Pop open a bottle of bubbly and snuggle under warm blankets in a
horse-drawn sleigh-ride through Mount-Royal Park. Reserve your own by
calling ahead: 450-653-0751, ($45/30 min, $75/1hr).
2. They say food is the way to a mans heart. Pick up something sweet
from down-home bakery Cocoa Locale. Its lavender vanilla cake infused
with beet juice is to-die-for delish ($8). Cocoa Locale, 4807 Parc Ave.,
3. Favorite bistro over-booked? Have a soirée à deux catered at home.
Pick up a spread from Gourmet
Chez Vous including tomato-fennel soup with heart-shaped croustades
and chocolate fudge cake (from $17.95 per person). Gourmet Chez Vous,
275 Elm St., Beaconsfield, 514-694-9351, www.gourmetchezvous.com
4. Get away without even leaving town. Hotel
Nelligans Passion for Two package includes breakfast in bed,
champagne, chocolate, massage, and dinner at Versus Restaurant. Two
nights from $783, reserve at www.hotelnelligan.com
5. If its the 11th hour and youre still empty-handed, we suggest
cuddling up on the couch while watching the 2003 romance Love
Actually. If theres a dry eye between you by the final airport
scene, well eat our hat.