10. The low-profile entrance, with the name etched on the frosted glass
and original sign still up.
9. The Yoshoku style of cooking: homestyle,
post-war Japanese with Asian takes on hamburgers, hotdogs and potato salad.
Architect Omer Arbels
stunning grey pleated upholstered benches.
7. Famed artist Rodney
Grahams massive teardrop painting (co-owner Josh manages his production
6. The stackable, blond wood Danish chairs that look
like they cost $700 each (they do?).
5. The handmade, white/black
porcelain wrapped hanging bulb chandeliers. Get your order in fast.
The white pressed tin ceiling by Brian
3. Japanese comfort food like edamame, chicken karaage and
housemade prawn gyoza, all priced under $6.
2. The zinc tables that
will take on a patina one Asahi beer at a time.
1. The fact that its so
new and secret you can still get a tablefor now.
Pings Café, 2702
Main St., 604-873-2702, www.pingscafe.ca