Folding a fitted sheet can be a bit tricky due to its elasticized corners, but with a little practice, you can master the technique. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you fold a fitted sheet neatly:
- Start by holding the fitted sheet lengthwise with your hands inside two adjacent corners. Ensure that the top side of the sheet is facing out, with the elastic edge facing you.
- Bring your hands together, flipping one corner over the other. Now, your hands should be inside two corners at one end of the sheet, and the other two corners will be dangling.
- Reach down and grab one of the dangling corners with one hand and lift it up, flipping it over the other corners. Now, all four corners will be held in one hand.
- Straighten out the edges and align the corners neatly, making sure that the elastic edges are tucked inside.
- Lay the sheet on a flat surface, such as a table or bed, with the elastic edge facing down.
- Fold the sheet lengthwise into thirds, bringing one side of the sheet toward the center, followed by the other side. Smooth out any wrinkles as you fold.
- Fold the sheet widthwise into thirds, folding one end of the sheet toward the center, and then folding the other end over it. This will result in a small rectangular shape.
- If desired, fold the rectangular shape in half or into a smaller size for easier storage.
Remember, the key to folding a fitted sheet neatly is to keep the corners aligned and the edges smooth. It may take a few tries to get the hang of it, but with practice, you’ll be able to fold a fitted sheet like a pro. —Vita Daily