Baby, it’s hot outside! Here is a simple and easy cold lunch recipe that you can prepare for a busy Monday:
Greek Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, chickpeas, cucumber, red onion, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and kalamata olives.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together fresh lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This Greek Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas is a healthy and satisfying lunch option that can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator. It is packed with protein, fiber, and fresh flavors, making it a perfect choice for a busy Monday when you need a quick and nutritious meal to keep you going. —Vita Daily