Here’s a fun and festive recipe for Reindeer Rice Krispie Squares with pretzel antlers:
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder (for coloring)
- Miniature pretzels (for antlers)
- Candy eyes
- Red M&M’s or other red candies (for the nose)
- Optional: Milk or dark chocolate chips (for attaching eyes and nose)
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows to the melted butter, stirring constantly until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Mix in the cocoa powder to give the Rice Krispie mixture a light brown color for the reindeer face.
- Pour the Rice Krispies cereal into the saucepan, mixing until the cereal is evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Press the mixture into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish using a buttered spatula or your hands.
- While the mixture is still warm, place two candy eyes on each square, and use a red M&M or other red candy for the reindeer’s nose. If needed, you can attach these with a bit of melted chocolate.
- Break miniature pretzels in half and insert them into the top of each square to create the antlers. Place them near the top corners of the square.
- Allow the squares to cool and set before cutting them into individual reindeer treats.
- If desired, use additional melted chocolate to add extra details to the reindeer faces, such as mouths or eyebrows.
These adorable Reindeer Rice Krispie Squares are sure to bring some holiday joy to your celebrations! —Vita Daily