It’s a new year, and the fresh start effect is in full force for many people. A recent study conducted by Tetley Canada revealed that, this year, wellness, wellbeing and happiness are a top priority among Canadians. Ninety-four per cent of Canadians want more joy and happiness in their lives, and 83 per cent want to show up better for themselves and others in 2024.
How can we achieve this? According to Happiness Expert, Dr. Gillian Mandich, mini moments of pause can help create an effective mindset for attaining happiness and balance. Enjoying a cup of tea is an easy way to introduce moments of mindfulness that Canadians are seeking, one sip at a time.
Tetley has teamed up with Dr. Mandich to share how to effectively redefine resolutions and live a happier life. It also released two new flavours to its Live Teas line to help Canadians channel the right mindset for doing so:
When making resolutions, Tetley found the following ranked as Canadians’ top focus:
- Wellbeing, such as better sleep health, fitness or eating healthier
- Physicality, such as getting fit, losing weight or a makeover
- Self-development, such as strengthening relationships, practicing self-love or mindfulness
- Finance, such as saving money, paying off debts or making a will
- Career growth, such as getting a promotion, learning new skills or finding a job
According to Dr. Gillian, a scientist on a mission to help people live their happiest life, the secret to achieving a happier, more balanced life is to redefine your approach to resolutions:
“The dwindling popularity of New Year’s resolutions signals perhaps Canadians aren’t setting themselves up for success, leading to a cycle of feeling unfulfilled,” says Dr. Mandich. “Often, we set lofty goals and timelines that can get thrown off when life’s curveballs get in the way. However, research by Stockholm University suggests that reshaping your mindset to focus on adopting new habits, rather than avoiding or quitting them, can be more effective for lasting change. For example, rather than saying ‘I will stop drinking pop to be healthier’, you are more likely to be successful if you say, ‘I will introduce more herbal tea and water into my day.’”
Stop and Smell the Roses
Dr. Mandich also notes that mini moments of pause can help to create an effective mindset for attaining the happiness and balance required to achieve greater goals:
“In scientific literature, stopping to smell the roses is known as ‘savouring’. Savouring is about recognizing all the good things in our lives; a beautiful flower, the sun shining, or a warming cup of tea. Instead of letting a positive experience pass by, we create a more happy, balanced life for ourselves by taking the time to acknowledge, appreciate and fully enjoy it. Finding these mini moments of joy can help create a mindset that makes bigger goals seem more achievable.”
2024: The year of positivi‘tea’
When asked, nearly all Canadians (97 per cent) agreed that the right mindset is important to fulfilling wellness goals. To inspire Canadians on this journey, Tetley has released a range of caffeine-free Live Teas, featuring two new flavours which speak to Canadians’ desire to Live Happy and Live Balanced in 2024. The teas can act as the perfect sidekick to creating a moment of mindfulness whenever you need it.
“From walking away from your desk to boil the kettle, to the soothing sensation of sipping something warm, to connecting with someone over a cup, tea drinking is an example of an easy-to-implement ritual that encourages you to be mindful, present, and kind to yourself. I love the Live Tea collection because there’s a flavour for every feeling I want to create, whether that be a Bold boost of chai before I give a talk, or a refreshing cup of Calm as I wind down after a busy day,” says Dr. Mandich.
Whatever our focus for 2024, there’s a Live Tea that can help Canadians channel the right mindset:
- NEW Live Happy: 94% of Canadians want to embrace more joy and happiness in life. Tetley Live Happy is a vibrant herbal tea that combines the sweet flavour of mango and tangy passionfruit with lion’s mane – a plant used for centuries in East Asian medicine. It’s sunshine in a cup, hot or cold!
- NEW Live Balanced: Every day can be a whirlwind of emotions and stressors and it’s no wonder 89% of Canadians want to lead a more balanced life. Live Balanced tea is a uniquely blended caffeine-free tea, that combines dandelion with roasted chicory root and carob, resulting in a nutty and coffee-like flavour. For those sensitive to caffeine or looking to decrease caffeine intake, Live Balanced allows you to recreate the coffee experience in a new and tasty way.
- Live Bold: 82% of Canadians reported they want to live life more boldly and confidently. Tetley’s Live Bold provides a kick-start at any time of day with a unique blend of rooibos chai, cinnamon, clove and pepper. The rooibos base of this tea means it’s naturally caffeine free, unlike traditional chai teas.
- Live Calm: Nearly all Canadians (92%) want to appreciate the moments of calm on a hectic day. A cup of Live Calm, with itsblend of camomile, spearmint and orange can create stillness so you can take a few deep breaths.
- Live Cool: 94% of Canadians want to be able to keep their cool in challenging situations. Live Cool allows you to unwind and feel like you can handle anything that’s thrown your way with a delightful blend of peppermint and spearmint.
Learn more about the range of Tetley Live teas here. —Vita Daily
Win! Over A Year’s Supply Of Tetley Live Tea!
Congrats Kathy G. of Burlington, ON, who will receive over a year’s supply of Tetley Live Tea: this comes to 25 packs of tea, and 500 tea bags in total, a total value of $140! Please note: if you are the winner, you will receive a DM (direct message) in Instagram directly from @vitadailymedia. Please be wary of fake accounts, which often use similar handles with an extra or missing letter, number or symbol. We will never ask for a payment or for your credit card number, and we will never ask you to click through a link. If you are unsure whether you have been contacted, via Instagram, by us or a fake account, email us before responding.