People come from far and wide to eat in this foodie-friendly city. Here
are some of our favorites:
10. Wheres the beef? Youll find it at brand new downtown hot-spot M:brgr.
Owned by the same team as Moishes steakhouse, its organic meats are
among the best in town, and for vegetarians theres always the tasty tuna
burger. 2025 Drummond, Montreal, 514-906-2747, www.mbrgr.com
9. While eating at Liverpool
House, were reminded of the dinner parties we plan to have but never
actually do. Why bother when you can fill up on divine Italian-ish
comfort food and enjoy someone elses four-star service?
8. The charming Robin
des Bois is run by volunteers and donates all profits to local
causes. Its new space at 4653 St-Laurent has a special room where, for
$5, you can smash your finished plate against a wall.
7. We eat sushi at Yuukai so often, our waitress doesnt even bother
bringing us a menu. Its rolls and sashimi are uber-fresh and you can
apportez votre sake. 5658 Parc Ave., Montreal, 514-278-4572.
6. enRoute magazine recently gave Bistro
Bienville a Best New Restaurant award and we can see why. This tiny
corner spot serves up seasonal dishes made from fresh ingredients found
at local markets.
5. We love catching up with friends over wine and nibbles at loungie Pop!
Bar à vin. They have over 30 wines by-the-glass and a chocolate
Pot-de-Crème thats worth breaking the diet for.
4. Creatures of habit, we always order the steak frites and crème
caramel at French bistro LExpress. This lively spot makes us feel like
were in the middle of gay Paris, right down to the black and white décor
and snobby waiters. 3927 St-Denis St., Montreal, 514-845-5333.
3. After rolling out of bed at noon, theres nothing quite like café au
lait and spinach Eggs Benedict at m
2. After weve broken the budget on shoes, we head to Punjab
Palace for some affordable Indian nosh. This cheap-and-cheerful
resto sells the best Thalie-on-a-tray and you can bring your own bottles
of Kingfisher beer. Two locations, www.punjabpalace.ca
1. For a romantic tête-à-tête with your sweetie, head to Bouchonné
Comptoir à Vin for privately imported wines and PEI oysters.
For the Top 10 Toronto Restaurants click here.
For the Top 10 Vancouver Restaurants click here.