While forest bathing is all the rage, accessing nature in a big city can be difficult; still, there are many ways to enjoy the outdoors and connect with nature. Here are some ideas. —Vita Daily
- Urban parks: Most big cities have parks where you can enjoy green spaces, trees, and fresh air. Spend some time walking or jogging, have a picnic, or take a book and relax.
- Community gardens: Many cities have community gardens where you can grow your own plants or vegetables. These gardens are often maintained by volunteers and provide an opportunity to meet like-minded people.
- Rooftop gardens: Some buildings in big cities have rooftop gardens or terraces that offer a view of the city and some greenery. Check with your building manager or nearby hotels to see if there is a rooftop garden you can access.
- Botanical gardens: Many big cities have botanical gardens that are open to the public. These gardens offer a variety of plant species, and often have seasonal displays and special events.
- Walking and biking trails: Check if your city has any walking or biking trails that take you through parks, waterfronts or other natural areas. This can be a great way to explore and get some exercise.
- Wildlife sanctuaries: Look for wildlife sanctuaries, bird watching sites or nature reserves that are located in or around the city. These areas provide a chance to observe different species of wildlife and enjoy nature.
- Outdoor activities: Look for outdoor activities like kayaking, paddleboarding, or outdoor yoga that can be done in a park or on the water. These activities allow you to enjoy nature while getting some exercise.