Hotels often have a particular way of making beds to give them a clean and inviting appearance. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make a bed like they do in hotels:
- Strip the bed: Remove all existing bedding, including sheets, pillowcases, and any other covers or blankets.
- Mattress protector: Start by placing a mattress protector over the mattress. This protects the mattress from stains and helps maintain hygiene.
- Fitted sheet: Spread a fitted sheet over the mattress, ensuring that it fits snugly and is evenly spread. Tuck the corners of the sheet tightly under the mattress to keep it in place.
- Flat sheet: Place a flat sheet on top of the fitted sheet, ensuring that the top edge of the sheet aligns with the top edge of the mattress. Tuck the bottom edge of the flat sheet tightly under the mattress, ensuring a smooth and tight fit. Leave the sides untucked for now.
- Blankets or duvet: If you’re using blankets, layer them on top of the flat sheet, ensuring that they are evenly spread. Alternatively, if you have a duvet, insert it into a duvet cover and place it on top of the flat sheet.
- Hospital corners: Now, let’s tuck in the sides of the flat sheet. Stand at the bottom corner of the bed and lift the side of the flat sheet at the corner. Fold it diagonally, creating a 45-degree angle, and tuck it tightly under the mattress. This technique is known as creating a “hospital corner.” Repeat this step for the opposite side of the bed.
- Pillows: Place your pillows at the head of the bed. If you have pillow protectors, put them on first, followed by the pillowcases. Stand back and fluff the pillows to give them a full and plump appearance.
- Decorative touches: To give your bed a hotel-like appearance, you can add a folded throw blanket or a bed runner at the foot of the bed. This adds a touch of elegance and completes the look.
- Final touches: Step back and ensure that the bedding is even, smooth, and wrinkle-free. Tuck in any loose ends or adjust the sheets and blankets as needed. Fluff the pillows once again for a polished look.
By following these steps, you can achieve a neat and inviting bed similar to the ones found in hotels. Practice makes perfect, so don’t worry if it takes a few tries to get it just right. Enjoy the comfort and elegance of your hotel-style bed! —Vita Daily